A Mask A Day Can Keep Your Pores Away!
a starter kit for smooth, radiant skin
Do you suffer from visible pores that your friends deny seeing but you know that they are still large and in charge??? Well stress no more because these are the products that have withstood the test of time. Even if you already have pore-less skin (f u), you can use these products to achieve that pre-teen glow.
always end your night with a good cleanse
Even if you didn't wear make up that day or stepped outside of your room (totally normal), there will still be debris and dirt from your daily activities.
1. SU:M 37 Rose Cleansing Stick | This is such a great product for all skin types. It's basically a face wash in solid soap form, in the shape of a large glue stick. There are actual rose petals in the soap which helps with mild exfoliation. I like to glide the stick directly on my face. Here is the more in-depth product description: This luxurious cleansing stick is crafted with premium ingredients that your skin deserves. Exotic oils effectively and gently remove makeup and sebum. Glycerin plumps and hydrates skin, boosts elasticity, and repairs damage. Its star ingredient Fermented Rose Extract calms and soothes skin, leaving it baby soft and pure. With a skin-friendly pH of 5.5, the cleanser is ideal for day and night.
2. Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil | If you have oily or acne prone skin, I recommend using this oil cleanser. Ironically, using oil to combat oily skin actually helps reduce the oil. When you use a harsh or strong face wash to try to strip your skin, it actually reacts by trying to compensate for the sudden dryness, which leads to more oil production. However, if you use an oil cleanser, your skin will not feel the need to reproduce oil. This cleanser is also great for removing make up! If this is a bit out of your price range, you can always look for a cheaper oil based cleanser (try to look for a korean skin care brand because those are cheap but reliable)
Use an exfoliating mask 1-2 times a week and a nourishing sheet mask for any of the other days
After you use a strong exfoliating mask, you should always allow for a few days in-between to allow for your skin to heal. Over exfoliating your face will lead to break outs and dryness. During the days, gentle sheet masks should be used to nourish and hydrate the skin.
3. Herbivore Blue Tansy Mask | This is by far one of the most effective masks I've ever used. The gel like mask has a cooling effect and you can feel it tighten your skin once it starts to dry. It stings a little bit, but that just means its working to resurface your skin. Immediately after you wash it off, your skin will feel smoother, brighter and tighter! Just make sure not to leave it on past 15 minutes. Use code: CANDY during checkout to receive 10% off!!!
4. TONYMOLY I'm Real Sheet Masks | Not only are these masks adorable and v affordable, they can work wonders on your skin. If I'm breaking out, these masks are able to reduce the inflammation so that I wake up with much better skin. The masks are thick and have plenty of essence and you can leave them on for up to an hour before they dry out. I can use the extra liquid in the pouch on my neck and chest area. I usually put one of these bad boys on right before I go out when I'm doing my hair, or when I'm doing last minute homework on school nights. One time I even managed to nap while I had one on!!!
And if you don't have the time or energy to do a real mask, then opt for these exfoliating wipes
5. Bio Peel Guaze Peeling Wine | These round wipes are two sided so that after using the coarser side to exfoliate, you turn the wipe over to the softer side to wipe away the debris. The wipes come in a generous size so you can even use it on your neck/anywhere. I love using these because I can really scrub down on the hard to reach areas like the areas around my nose.
Last but not least...The "Sealing" treatment
Once your skin is nicely exfoliated or nourished, its important to finish your routine with an over night mask that can lock in the benefits from your mask treatment. A freshly exfoliated face is also more receptive to all the benefits of skin care products so the overnight mask or serum will work its magic while you sleep.
6. Shiseido Ibuki Beauty Sleeping Mask | I am in LOVE with this. A lot of times I find over night masks to be too heavy so that I feel like my face is covered in a thick oil layer. But this mask has a light gel consistency and literally melts onto your face in the most satisfying way. I wake up the next day literally with glowing skin. A little goes a long way so its worth the splurge. It was also an Allure 2016 Winner! For a more technical description: this innovative overnight leave-on mask features vitamins C and E to help tired-looking skin appear clearer, brighter, and more radiant. Shiseido’s exclusive PhytoTarget Complex supports skin's natural moisture factors and protects against external stressors. The non-greasy, non-sticky formula leaves skin feeling dewy and hydrated, while a gentle violet fragrance generates relaxation to prepare you for a pleasant sleep.