It's About Who You Know & What You Look Like.
How to enjoy NYC when you're on a cleanse
Everyone goes to NYC to eat, drink & shop, and then Instagram about it (#nyc #eeeeeats #soho). So before leaving for my trip, I diligently stalked instagram and insider to compile a list of all the ridiculous restaurants and bars I could hit up. But then my friend asked me to go on a cleanse with her during the week I was visiting her in NY. Who would be
crazy stupid enough to do that?! Me apparently. Without the freedom to eat or drink whatever we want, we were left asking ourselves
"so....what should we do?"
"I guess we could go to the museums..."
Here are the fun things we did to keep us busy and booze-free.
1. experience a free detox sauna a.k.a. walk the highline
2. the chelsea market -avoid all food stalls.
3. go to 305 fitness if you like to twerk for your cardio
4. visit brandy melville if you want to feel old af. avoid if you are ALLERGIC to pre-teens. but they have damn good basics at college friendly budgets.
5. make your own perfume at a hole-in-the-wall Fragrance SHop. the cutest thai lady blends your fav scents together after asking for your favorite fruit and astrology sign.
6. speaking of hole-in-the-wall, go to the burger joint, which serves bomb ass burgers inside a secluded part of an upscale hotel. kind of like a speakeasy for burgers? If it tasted great without the bun and cheese, im sure its worth the wait for the regular.
7. visit the met's manus x machina exhibit. and go on the rooftop to get an insta. duh.
8. feel the burnnn (and out of shape) at PHYSIQUE 57
9. visit editions de perfums frederic malle for a unique perfume experience. you will leave knowing so much more about PERFUMERY.
10. pay $12 for a smoothie at juice press. so overpriced. but sooo good and totally healthy.
11. visit the lululemon lab store. it's lululemon's new streetwear concept. talk about chic athleisure wear. but don't expect it to feel as comfy as yoga pants because i couldn't even put my head through half the shirts. but i also do have a huge head so...
i just realized this font makes it seem like im yelling at you guys.
hahaha. sorry. We also went to Little Italy, but it was very underwhelming because we couldn't eat or drink anything...
Thanks for a good time NYC, you're great even without the food and drinks!